I once read in a book that if you add the word “Get” to your daily “To-Do” List then it can re-frame your thinking and make you grateful instead of resentful.
After being seriously injured, your “To-Do” list can be very long:
Your To-Do List After an Injury
- Get emergency medical attention
- Take photos to document the scene of the accident
- Get the identity of any witnesses
- Get witness statements
- Get the police report
- Get photos from the police
- Keep getting medical attention
- Document how you feel
- Figure out if the person had insurance
- Make an insurance claim
- Figure out if health insurance, PIP, or someone else will help pay for your medical treatment.
- Get medical treatment and follow a doctor’s orders
- Deal with your insurance company
- Get off work notes and wage documentation for lost wages
- Give a recorded statement to the insurance adjuster
- Provide authorizations so that the insurance company can get your medical records, bills, and sometimes other things
- Get all your medical records and bills
- Put all the information into a letter to send to the insurance company
- Negotiate with the insurance company
- Decide whether to settle or whether to see an attorney, who will then have to do most of this list again.
It’s hard to view this as a “Get To-Do” list, especially when you are dealing with a nagging injury and you aren’t able to take time out of your life.
Your To-Do List If You Hire a Lawyer
Your “To-Do” List is our “Get-To Do” list. We deal with insurance companies every day. If you hire us, your “To-Do” list is simple:
- Go to the doctor, follow medical advice.
- Get off work notes and wage documentation for lost wages.
- Give us your documents and information on witnesses, if any.
- Keep us updated on your treatment and how your injury affects you.
Let Us Get Going on Your “Get To-Do” List
Everything else goes on our “Get To-Do” list. Additionally, we can hire investigators, an accident reconstructionist, engineers and other experts to obtain additional information that you probably wouldn’t think of (did you know you can download the airbag control module for as little as $500, giving you valuable information on driver activities in the seconds before a wreck), or would have trouble getting (police body cam footage).
We view it as a privilege and an honor to be allowed to let you focus on the thing that is most important after you are injured by someone – your health.
If you would like to find out more, give us a call at (270) 599 – 0642. Call Tim, Mike, or Terri for a car wreck, truck wreck, or injury that happened due to the negligence of a property owner. Call Brad, Mike, or Kara for a work comp accident.
Preserve the evidence if you are involved in a car CRASH –
Reach for cellphone to take pictures and video;
Always get Report Number/Contact Info for Witnesses;
Stop and check for injuries; and
Head to the Hospital