Car Accident Lawyers and Auto Wreck Attorneys in Bowling Green
According to the Kentucky State Police, in 2014, 612 people were killed on Kentucky roads and another 22,958 were injured. Every year, car accidents claim lives and change lives. Victims and their families may face long recovery periods, have to undergo costly medical and rehabilitative treatments, and some individuals may have to miss time from work, adding further financial strain to the family. If you or a loved one has been injured in a car accident in Bowling Green, Kentucky, you may have the right to seek a recovery to cover your medical expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering. Many car accidents occur due to human error. Drivers who make serious mistakes behind the wheel should be held accountable for their actions. The car wreck lawyers at Sowell, Stevenson, & Steidl, PLLC help individuals who are facing a range of challenges after surviving a car accident. Our firm can help you negotiate with insurance adjusters, pursue negligent drivers for damages, and we can help you understand your rights. Contact our Bowling Green, Kentucky car accident attorneys today. You may only have a limited amount of time to seek a recovery under the law.
What is My Car Accident Case Worth in Bowling Green, Kentucky?
If you’ve suffered an injury as a result of a car wreck in Bowling Green, Kentucky, you may be facing a range of challenges. Paying for medical expenses and managing lifestyle changes after a serious injury can be stressful for both accident victims and their families. If you’ve been personally injured, you may wonder whether you have the right to recover damages under the law. Additionally, you may wonder what your car accident case may be worth in Bowling Green, Kentucky. A car wreck lawyer qualified to review your personal injury case can best determine whether you have a claim and how much you may be able to recover. Here are some things your car accident attorney will consider and review to determine the value of your case:
- Cost of medical expenses. Your attorney will review your medical bills and rehabilitation expenses. In the case of serious injuries, you may need to undergo ongoing medical care into the future. Your attorney may estimate the cost of future medical expenses. In some cases, this may require consulting with medical experts to determine a fair and reasonable settlement amount.
- Cost of property damage from the accident. If property was damaged as a result of the accident, your lawyer will look at how much it will cost to repair the damages. Receipts from repairs or estimates can be used to substantiate any claims.
- Value of lost wages. If you have had to miss time at work, your lawyer will ask to review pay stubs to determine how much recovery to seek in lost wages. If you may miss work in the future or have been permanently disabled, your lawyer may estimate the value of future lost wages.
- Percentage of fault of the other driver. Kentucky is a pure comparative fault state, meaning that you can collect damages even if you are 99% at fault for the accident and the other driver is 1% at fault. Why would someone want to collect 1% of the total value of damages? In the cases of serious and life-changing injuries, the value of medical care, rehabilitation, pain and suffering, and other damages can sometimes go into the millions. 1% of a high value claim can be worth thousands or even tens of thousands of dollars. Your personal injury lawyer will look at the circumstances of your accident to gather evidence to determine percentages of negligence. In some cases, negligence isn’t always clear-cut. The case your car accident lawyer will make to the court can make a big difference in the value of your claim or the outcome of your case.
- Value of pain and suffering damages. Pain and suffering damages may be among the more difficult damages to measure. These damages are based on medical expenses, but they serve to compensate you for the losses a serious injury can cause. Pain and suffering damages will vary depending on the severity and nature of your injuries. Generally, your car wreck lawyer will multiply your medical expenses by a number, usually between 1.5 and 5, though this figure can sometimes be higher. The value of the multiplier will generally be higher for more serious life-changing injuries, and lower for less serious injuries.
Because there are so many factors at play in the value of your claim, it can be helpful to have a personal injury lawyer working on your side. The car accident attorneys at Sowell, Stevenson, & Steidl, PLLC will take the time to personally review your case, determine a fair value of your claim, and help you understand your rights. When you’ve been seriously hurt, you need a qualified attorney working for you. Contact our firm today to learn more about your rights.
Protecting Your Rights in Bowling Green, Kentucky
If you’ve been in an accident due to another driver’s negligence, you may have important rights under the law. Car accidents can occur due to speeding, drinking and driving, texting and driving, distracted driving, and due to other factors. If you or a loved one has suffered a personal injury due to another person’s irresponsible actions, you may be entitled to receive money under the law. In some cases, victims and families need help working with insurance adjusters to help them get the recovery they may deserve. Sowell, Stevenson, & Steidl, PLLC are qualified car accident lawyers in Bowling Green, Kentucky who work tirelessly to help families seek the justice they may deserve. You may have a limited amount of time to make a claim under Kentucky law. Contact us today.